Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Question: Do I need insurance?

Answer: If you are on Medical Assistance, you have health insurance. It will cover a Child and Teen Checkup.

Question: How will I pay for this?

Answer: Wellness checkups are a benefit to children and teens on Medical Assistance.

Question: Where is your clinic located?

Answer: The C&TC Outreach Team does not do the wellness checkups or exams. We connect families to wellness checkups. Call your clinic to schedule an appointment. If you do not have a clinic, we can help you!

Question: How do I get started?

Answer: If you already have a clinic, call to schedule your child’s checkup. If you need help, click on the link below for your healthplan.

  • Blue Plus

    Delta Dental Care Coordinator: Delta Dental of Minnesota: 651-406-5907 or 1-800-774-9049. One-stop shop – Team of dental Care Coordinators can help members locate providers, schedule appointments, transportation and/or interpreter as needed.

  • South Country Health Alliance
  • UCare

    UCare Dental Connection: Coordinator will schedule dental appointments and transportation/interpreter if needed. Members should call 651-768-1415 or 855-648-1415.

  • Medical Assistance (Medicaid) – contact your county C&TC Program

Contact your health plan for scheduling, services, medical/dental clinics.

We understand this may be confusing and that is okay. We are here to help! Please call your county C&TC Program for assistance (see Contact Us tab).

Question: Do I qualify if I have MinnesotaCare?

Answer: Yes. Every child should receive preventive care through their health plan.

Question: My child is healthy. Do they need to go in for a checkup?

Answer: Yes. Checkups help with staying up-to-date on immunizations, detect health problems so that they can be treated early like anemia and lead exposure. In addition, parents and children can get help for any concerns about development, behavior, or mental health information about staying and becoming healthier - including healthy foods, how to keep children active and strong, and how to help children be successful in school.

Question: How do I track the growth and development of my child?

Answer: The Follow Along Program helps you track your child's development and let you know if your child is playing, talking, growing, moving, and behaving like other children the same age.

Question: What are developmental milestones?

Answer: Developmental milestones are skills such as taking a first step, smiling for the first time, and waving “bye bye.” For more information visit the CDC's webpage.

Question: Why does my child need a blood lead test at 1 and 2 years of age?

Answer: Lead is a dangerous metal that your child can accidentally swallow. Older paint, drinking water, soil, and some toys, foods, and other products may contain lead. Lead damages your child’s health, development, and learning ability. Getting a test at one and two is the only way to know if they have lead. Symptoms of lead exposure often don’t appear until a child is seriously ill. Take action! Talk to your child’s provider about getting tested. Learn more @ Childhood Lead Exposure brochure or Parents and Caregivers | Lead | CDC.

Question: I need a new ID card. How do I get another one?


Blue Plus: Visit web site for more information or call Member Services: 1-800-771-9862.

UCare: Visit web site for more information or call Customer Service: 1-866-599-2490.

If you would like a new physical ID card, you can click on "My ID Card" and "Request Physical Card" in your online member account. We will then send you a new ID card. Or, you can click on "My ID Card" and "Download & Print" to get an electronic version. You can show that to your providers just like you would a physical card. Or, you can print it to bring with you.